Guild bug (a reproducible method)
This report is from someone in game, hopefully someone can try and reproduce it :
- Description: Guild bug : character not in guild list, can chat, can't leave.
- Screenshot/video: None
- Location: N/A
- Class: N/A
- Action taken:
1. Make an empty group in guild list
2. Delete it in a laggy period. The end result must be that the group is still here (waiting for server response or something)
3. Have an user join the group
4. Wait until the next maintenance
- Result: The group is deleted with the user in it after the maintenance
- Expected Result: No idea... no lag at deletion in the first place?
The character guildname is displayed, he can chat in /g but cannot leave the guild.
Originally Posted by SJS-Hunter
Hm, not really. If there had been no lag at deletion, the guild master wouldn't have been tempted to add an user back into the group.
Originally Posted by Nuisa
When the group gets deleted eventually and the user is in it, we clearly are in an unwanted case (since you normally can't delete a group if there's somebody in), and there's no real "expected result" from there.
Sure your scenario works, but that's a design question more than a bug report. And it asks more design questions : for example, what group to put the member in? His previous group? The "guild members" group?
And another equally valuable scenario would be to kick the member out of guild.
And btw, why shouldn't the guy be able to leave the guild? Or am I wrong on the whole thing, you have tried the method and are reporting its result?